Saturday, November 8, 2008

R.I.P. - The City XM 67

click to comment

DJ Baby Yu Metromix Week 49 (Nov 2-Nov 6/08) - Mix 1

Radio is a very sketchy industry. One could be a well respected Program Director for a station and be laid off for lack of performance the next month. You're talking to a DJ who had shows on CHRY 105.5 FM, FLOW 93.5 FM, and KISS 92.5 FM. Also a DJ who was ready to host and DJ a Summer Jam for a radio station that featured Jay-Z & 50 Cent, and actually being laid off a week before the concert due to format change of radio station. One minute, you heard "50 Cent - In Da Club", and the next song was "Pet Shop Boys - Go West". Stations are always fighting for their shares in the market, and it all comes down to their report card at the end of every season. If it bombs enough, they will switch or changes will be made. I've been with XM close to 5 years now. The City XM 67 was great for me. I got emails from small town listeners like from Idaho, Dakota, Virginia etc...Places I would probably never visit. So it covered a lot of places for me. Since the merge with XM & Sirius Satellite Radio, both stations had to cancel over 50 channels from both sides that were similar to each other including my channel, THE CITY XM 67. I had fun making mixes for you, but this will be the final one for THE CITY XM 67. The good news is, the quest for DJ Baby Yu & radio will never end. I love radio, and that guarantee new things will arise soon. The new XM Sirius Satellite Radio hasn't heard the last of me yet. More to come, stay tuned!



DOWNLOAD : DJ Baby Yu - Metromix 49

3 comments:

Unknown said...

when is the channel officially off the air? i've been following this channel since the beginning and your mixes.

Haig said...

I'm officially depressed. I need the Metro Mix in my life.

Unknown said...

wow. Baby Yu, you were the best thing on XM, and i paid for 2 accounts just to keep listening. so I am officially leaving my XM account in the dust. i will have to call char and tell her about the change. at least i know what to get her for xmas now. i hope to hear from you on either Hip Hop Nation, or BPM! (i love hipsters BTW)