Friday, February 6, 2009

2 days in the life of babypoo in ATL!

MONDAY
last min call was made to me to DJ at a club, predominantly Afro-American night. Basically a Hip Hop night, or they a "Black" night.

rush to the club cuz I'm suppose to go on in 10 min.
get to the front of the club with my friend Allen, where theres a pretty long line up and we encounter the 300lbs, 6'3" bouncer.

Allen points at me and says "Hey, he's DJin' tonight"

Babypoo smiles

Bouncer has a confused look and says "You're DJin' tonight?"

Allen "Ya, can you let us in please"

Bouncer has a face like someone took a dump on his foot and the stench is crushing his face and says "YOU're DJIN'???"

Babypoo says "aahh ya, I'm DJ'in tonight"

Bouncer looks me up and down like some pin up model posted up in someones jail cell and says "YOU? You're DJin' tonight? are you sure?"

Babypoo says "YES I'm sure"

there was a good 5 second pause

Babypoo says with a smile and points at the bouncer "NOW THATS RACIAL PROFILING"

Bouncer looks at Babypoo like he just saw a ghost and says "Man....you're right, I appologize, god damn I never seen you before so..."

Babypoo walks in and mumbles "sure you never seen me before lol racist! never seen a Japboy kill a black party before?"




FRIDAY
Hockey is my fav sport, so I gotta keep up. Had scholarship offers in Ivy Schools in Japan and Buffalo, but never took it seriously enough for me to pursue them. My passion was music anyways. Playing hockey in ATL ain't the best, but it will do for now. Had Shinny today. Meaning, group of random guys get together and organize a friendly game vs. each other. Half way in the game dude named steven comes up to me.


Steve "Hey where did you used to play?"

Babypoo "I only played Jr B in Toronto, thats bout it, you?"

Steve "Oh I played Jr B in Victoria as well"

Babypoo "Ok cool"

another good 5 min pass of shootin' the shit and talkin bout hockey...

Steve "Hey I'm gonna play for Life University (Known for a good program in Chiropractor-ing) they are D-2 school, would you like to play with us if they offered you a scholarship and paid you?"

Babypoo thinks to himself...ok I graduated at Univ. of Toronto almost 7 years ago, I hated school, but this is a fun idea......oh shit I forgot, I already have a job in music traveling around the world...lol

Babypoo says "damn ok that sounds like fun, but I don't think I can because I already have a job etc.."

Steve "All you have to do is take couple of courses thats it, the easy ones..and you will be taken care of, all good, I'll get your number, and just think about it. It will be fun"

Babypoo "ok sure call me"

LOL
did that just happen???

*everything is based a true events...

No comments: